About this role
Chef Manager Duties:
- Proactive management of the onsite catering team ensuring consistent delivery of great food and the highest standard of service that exceeds client and company expectations.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including maintaining site-level relationships, management reporting, and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Maintaining, ordering, and controlling food stocks in line with onsite budget and use of nominated suppliers.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies, and duty of care to the onsite customer, clients, and colleagues.
- Maintaining all allergen, legal hygiene, health, and safety standards as set out per Safety & Wellbeing policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial administrative duties are completed accurately and to specified deadlines using the relevant systems available. For example, Insight, P2P, and site are till systems. This includes till reports, daily cashing up, banking, cash reconciliation, entering daily sales, daily management of invoices, etc.
- At least 2 years as a chef manager/head chef in a similar operation.
- Commercial restaurant or hotel experience is an advantage.
- Have managed a skilled and highly motivated team of chefs producing a consistent quality of delicious food.
- Able to display flair, imagination, and innovation in planning menus.
- Sound kitchen management skills and food cost control.
- Practical experience in training and staff development.
- Level 3 in Food Safety and Health & Safety in managing/supervising catering operations.
- Free Car parking
- Excellent work-life balance
- Company discount